Monday, April 30, 2012

Ugghh!

So I let Chris talk me into running the Ogden half marathon a few months ago.  That was before we moved and I felt settled with life.  Now I am back to not being comfortable and am thinking I am a fool to think I can run 13 (yikes) miles!  So if you read this blog...which may be few people...I need those words, real or fake, of confidence in how awesome I am going to do on this run!!  Lie through your teeth if needed.  I just need some confidence right now! 

I think the real problem may be pride in how slow I am and the thought of Chris finishing the entire marathon before I run the half!!


6 comments:

Christina said...

I KNOW you are amazing! When I had a friend run a half she picked 13 people (or groups of people) to dedicate each mile to and thought of them through each mile to give her strength. I thought that was a great idea. Good Luck! You can do it!!!

love ya!

Melinda said...

You will kick butt! You are YOWANDA!

Kristie said...

You can do do this! I've been telling you this for a while. You're amazing and can do anything!!!!

Alison said...

You can do it! I believe in you - you would totally beat me if I 'ran' with you....okay so maybe that doesn't inspire any confidence. :) Can't wait to see pictures of you in your runner's mode, ipod playing 'eye of the tiger' and crossing the finish line!

Aleesha said...

If I can do it, you can! I'll be at the finish line cheering for you :) Good luck and just remember "You can do hard things!!!"

Kim said...

Love that quote Aleesha shared...I know you are an amazing strong woman who can do anything you put your mind to. You are lapping all of us just sitting on the couch! No such thing as a slow runner...you can do it!!!